The Holiday Trav-L-Park Resort
Since 1976, our family owned and operated 5-Star Oceanfront RV Resort has been THE go-to camping destination on the Crystal Coast. Located at 9102 Coast Guard Road, Emerald Isle, NC, our resort features 314 clean, grassy sites.
We compliment our beautiful oceanfront RV resort with friendly staff, security, cleanliness and multiple camping amenities. Our number one priority is YOU, our camping guests, and we strive our best to ensure that you enjoy your stay. Our RV resort can accommodate most RV’s up to 60 feet as well as most sized Camping Clubs. We offer both full-hookup sites as well as sites with only water and electric service. From the moment you arrive, you will be tended to by our courteous staff and will be escorted to your assigned site from the front gate. We are always available to assist you with any issue that may arise during your stay, and will see to it that you are taken care of until your departure.
The Holiday Trav-L-Park Resort has been rated one of the best RV resorts for camping in the USA due to our ability to provide security, hospitable staff, clean campsites, clean restrooms and much more. Our goal is for you, your friends, and your family to have THE MOST MEMORABLE camping experience EVER. We hope that your next camping trip will be with us so that you get to experience oceanfront camping on the Crystal Coast like never before!
Holiday Trav-L-Park Resort FAQs
Can I make reservations online?
No. There is no way to make reservations online.
We prefer to handle all reservations over the phone in order to establish a personal point of contact and answer any questions or concerns that may arise. Please call the resort office at (252) 354-2250 for more reservation information.
Do you have campers for rent?
Yes! This service is through a 3rd party, not the Holiday Trav-L-Park Resort. You can rent a camper from Trey Wells. His phone number is (336)-908-1622.
Trey has campers available for rent all year round. You will make your reservation through him and he will handle the booking and payment with us. Guests making reservations through Trey still have to stop in the Resort Office to check-in and obtain their bathhouse keys, parking passes, and guest guide.
Are you open year-round?
No. We are only open for 9 months out of the year (March – November)
We open the resort at the beginning of March for seasonal campers and open mid-March for overnight campers. We close down the resort for everyone at the very beginning of December.
Do you have pull-thru sites?
Yes! The majority of our campsites are pull-through.
After checking in at the Resort Office, you will directed towards the Front Gate where you will be escorted to your assigned site by our friendly park staff. If you need any assistance during check-in or during your stay, they are always willing to assist you!
What are the check in and check out times?
Check-In Time is 2:00pm | Check-Out time is 12:00pm (Noon)
Check-in time is 2pm. Check-out time is 12pm. You may check with the Resort Office for early check-in and/or late check-out availability.
When can I start making reservations for next year?
Reservations for 2022 start on Wednesday, December 1, 2021 @ 8:00am. We receive hundreds of phone calls during the first few days we open reservations for the following year, so please be prepared to wait an hour or two after being placed into our phone queue system. Our office staff will work as quickly and efficiently as possible to get to everyone.
Where is the Holiday Trav-L-Park Resort located?
9102 Coast Guard Road, Emerald Isle, NC, 28594
Our Resort is located in Emerald Isle, North Carolina. Emerald Isle is considered the southern most tip of the Outer Banks (otherwise known as the Crystal Coast). It’s part of the same Barrier Island that makes up Atlantic Beach, Indian Beach, Pine Knoll Shores, and Salter Path. See our Contact Page for an aerial map of the park and surrounding area.
Do you offer storage?
Yes! We offer storage for campers, boats, golf carts, utility trailers, and anything else that will fit on our lot.
Storage can be for as short or as long of a period as you’d like. For those of you who want to store your camper, our Park Staff will pull it onto your reserved site the day of your reservation and pull it off when you’re done. See the Storage Rates Page or call us for information and pricing.
Do you allow golf carts?
Yes! We do allow both electric and gas golf carts. We just ask you abide by our Golf Cart Rules.
Golf Cart Rules:
- Gas and electric golf carts are allowed at the Holiday Trav-L-Park Resort.
- All golf carts must have a valid parking pass in order to enter the resort and park on the premises. Passes can be obtained in the Resort Office.  Golf Cart Pass is included in an overnight reservation.
- If you bring your own golf cart, we require proof of insurance at the time of check-in. Have a copy to hand to our office staff so that we can add it to your account.
- Golf cart drivers must at least 21 years old and have a valid driver’s license.
- Operating a golf cart while intoxicated is prohibited. Operators under the influence are subject to a $250.00 fine.
- Driving golf carts after midnight is PROHIBITED. Be respectful to other campers!
- The speed limit throughout the resort is 5mph.
Do you allow campfires?
Yes! We do allow fire-pits so long as they abide by the following rule:
Fire-pits must be well-contained and stand at least 2 feet off of the ground. However, ground fires are prohibited on campsites. Firewood bundles are normally available for purchase at the Emerald Isle Wine Market; our convenience store located right beside our Resort Office.
Are you pet friendly?
Yes! Pets are welcome at the Holiday Trav-L-Park Resort, however there are rules to ensure a clean and safe camping environment:
- Pets are welcome at the Holiday Trav-L-Park Resort, however there are rules to ensure a clean and safe camping environment:
- Pick up after your pet(s) on resort property at the beach! Doggy waste bag stations are located at the front-gate, blue bathhouse, red bathhouse and both beach accesses. Not picking up after your pet will result in a $135.00 cleanup fee.
- Do not leave doggy waste bags out for our roadside garbage pickup. Dispose of these bags at the appropriate stations mentioned above.
- For reservations with 2 or more pets, there is a $10/pet, per day fee, no matter their size or weight.
- Do not allow your pet(s) to dig a hole(s) on resort property or you may incur a $50.00 fee.
- Your pet(s) must be leashed at all times when outside and should NEVER be left unattended while on resort property. Unexpected electrical surges can, and do, occur and may result in tripped breakers on a campsite and/or in your RV. Please be aware of your pet’s health on extremely hot days throughout the year.
- Pets, including emotional support pets, are not allowed in the Pool Area or ANY buildings on resort property.
- Use the outside showers at each beach access to wash off your pet.
- PET RESTRICTIONS: NO PIT BULLS OR PIT MIXES.
- NO AGGRESSIVE DOGS ALLOWED.
Do you have worship services?
Yes! We have worship services every Sunday from April 4th, 2021 to November 28th, 2021.
Curtis Hyler and Jubilation, a wonderful quartet that showcases the pure and southern sounds of Gospel music, provide the Holiday Trav-L-Park Resort with church services each Sunday. Services are held at The Stage Area starting at 9:00 AM and are open to the public.
Is there WiFi available?
Yes! We have FREE, BASIC WiFi available throughout the Resort.
With 1000+ devices at any given time, our WiFi network will not run like a personal, home network. WiFi connections are not reliable in a campground environment. Due to the capacity of our WiFi, please keep the following things in mind when planning your stay with us:
- We cannot guarantee 100% WiFi coverage at any point in time and at every location throughout the resort.
- There is no charge for WiFi, so no credit will be given to you if it is unavailable.
- Our WiFi is not designed for streaming video, downloading documents, pictures, videos etc.
Please take this information in consideration when finalizing your reservation(s).
Is there Cable TV available?
Yes! Cable TV is available on all sites and is included in the nightly rate.
Our cable is Analog, not Digital, so you are able to chose from around 60+ channels. Please bring your own Coaxial Cable if you plan on using cable. If you do not have one, they are sold in the Resort Office.
What does the *(asterisk) mean on the Resort Map?
The *(asterisk) on the Resort Map indicates that 50 AMP electric service is available.
Both 30 AMP and 50 AMP service is available on campsites with the *(asterisk). Please inform the Resort Office of the kind of electrical service you will need at the time of reservation and check-in.